PUBLIC RELATIONS POLICYPosted on:11/25/2005
Written By: Prof. Shukla
|Develop and recommend corporate public relation policies, contribute public relation viewpoint in formulation of corporate decision, provide not only to top management but also to other department & division. |
PUBLIC RELATIONS POLICY
Develop and recommend corporate public relation policies, contribute public relation viewpoint in formulation of corporate decision, provide not only to top management but also to other department & division.
Announcement of new products through editorial channels of communication media, developments & execution of promotional product publicity campaigns
Maintain liaison with appropriate government units at local, state and national levels, report trends in government affecting the company, advice as needed to help prepare for direct corporate appearance before investigating bodies or legislative hearing, direct program designed to promote the company point of view in legislative matter.
Plan community contacts performance and or co-ordination of corporate good neighbor activities including compliance with environment protection standards, fostering equal employment opportunity and cooperating in urban improvement programs development of community understanding of company problem and needs.
Communication between company and shareholders and also between investors in general, development of acceptance of company among investors by broadening the exposure of company policies and financial results in the investment community, preparation of annual report, quarterly reports, dividend cheques, etc. Planning and staging of annual meeting of stockholders and appearance before meeting of security analysis.
PUBLIC RELATION PROGRAMMES:
Institutional promotional program designed to build corporate acceptance among key publics, institutional advertising, public relations literature and special events.
Develop policy for company contribution process, donation requests, administer company foundation, conduct of employee, and solicitation for approval drives.
Prepare and publish employee magazines, newspaper, bulletins, management communications, etc.
Plan tours, seminars, outings, and exhibitions all aimed at guest reception activities.
WHAT A PUBLIC RELATIONS PROFESSIONAL SHOULD KNOW?
A good public relation professional should know the following points:
1. It is hard to listen, easy to talk.
2. Hard to agree, easy to find faults.
3. Hard to forgive, easy to nurse a grudge.
4. Hard to see the whole picture, easy to highlight a small section of it.
5. Hard to appreciate the detail, easy to generalize.
6. Hard to co-operate with others in an attack of a common problem, easy to attack the others and thus make the problem worse.
7. Hard to steadfast, easy to be stubborn.
8. Hard to speak up, when keeping quiet is difficult but right.
9. Hard to give, easy to take.
10. Hard to say "sorry", easy to bluster.
11. Hard to be magnanimous, easy to doubt the motives of others.
12. Hard to negotiate, easy to break of.
13. Hard to be patient, easy to ignore.
14. Hard to love, easy to hate.
15. Hard to build, easy to destroy.
MAKING OF A PUBLIC RELATIONS MAN
The making of a successful Public relations professional consists of the following:
Should concern himself and not with the manipulation of people but with their continuing enlightenment.
2. Should try to elevate his audience rather than degrade them, and that his communication should be addressed to reason & judgment rather than to emotion & prejudice by:
a. Insisting on truth and full information.
b. Keeping the message simple and straightforward.
c. Not overselling or exaggerating.
d. Remembering for drama not making this communication unnecessary drab and common place.
e. Packaging the communication appropriately, not overdressing it or making it too extravagant.
f. Taking a time to listen to public opinion.
g. Remembering the vital importance of continuity.
h. Trying to be positive & constructive in every aspect of communication.
3. Should recognize that sound public relation comprises polices and deals as well as words. That it must be a deal in truth rather than in deception and that it must seek to clarify the issue of our times rather than confuse them.
4. While he may undertake to present one point of view for public consideration, he should believe in the inalienable right of those with opposing view points to present their cases also for he has to realize that his right to speak can be assured only if the guarantee exists for all including those whose causes are unpopular.
5. Should believe that the democratic process must prevail in the market place as well as in political and economic affairs.
6. Should believe that the public interest takes precedence over the interest of those he represents and he should conniver his function as being to assist in conforming the interest of those he represents to the interests of the public when the two do not coincide.
7. Should recognize that the consequences of his action are affected in the minds of men and because the human mind has immeasurable potentials for good and for evil, he must approach his task in reverence.
Pick a chapter to continue..
Chapter 1: MEANING OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
Chapter 2: PERSONAL QUALITIES OF PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Chapter 3: ACTIVITIES OF PRO
Chapter 4: PUBLIC RELATIONS PROGRAM
Chapter 5: PUBLICITY, PROPAGANDA AND ADVERTISING
Chapter 6: Attitude; HOW GOOD SHOULD BE A GOOD PRO?
Chapter 7: QUALIFICATIONS OF PRO
Chapter 8: PUBLIC RELATIONS POLICY